Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Reading Diary B: Nivedita Krishna


Today I read a little bit more of the Nivedita Krishna. It is extremely interesting to learn about the younger life of Krishna. The first time Krishna faced a serpent the battle was not very detailed. The motionless serpent swallowed all his friends and he just grew in size to kill the serpent. I think it would be cool to make this story more detailed. I liked reading about the Krishna’s battle with Kaliya the snake. Krishan seems to battle a lot of venomous creatures. I hear that is why his skin is blue but I am not sure. It was crazy to me that he lifted up a whole mountain with one finger for a week. It would be cool if Krishna battled with Indra. A fact that I did not pick up earlier is that Krishna is a reincarnated form of Vishnu. 

Here is a picture of Krishna lifting up a mountain. 

Author: Nivedita
Title: Nivedita Krishna

Year: 1907

1 comment:

  1. Hi Akash,
    Ewww I hate snakes and a big snake like that will be so scary. Yeah I always hear and see that Krishna’s skin is blue and I know it is due to some poisoning. However, I do not know how that poisoning happened. It is nice that you got to do your reading diary over something you enjoy reading.

    ReplyDelete