Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Reading Diary A: Nivedita Krishna

Today I decided to read the Nivedita Krishna. I decided to read this book because I wanted to learn more about Krishna after reading about him in the Mahabharata. So far I have read half of the book. I have a couple of ideas for rewrites of the story. My first rewrite for an idea would be for Devaki to have all eight kids at once the day of the wedding. Then when Kansa figures it out in his chariot he tries to kill each one of the kids by throwing them out of the chariot. One of the kids survives and ends up killing him. Another version of the story would be to give the baby girl in the story the power to kill Kansa. What if they adopted a kid as their eighth child and that was the kid who ended up slaying Kansa? I liked reading about the natural powers Krishna had and how he slayed many demons. Here is Krishna as a baby.



Author: Nivedita
Title: Nivedita Krishna

Year: 1907

No comments:

Post a Comment