Monday, October 26, 2015

Reading Diary A: The Lord of Lanka

This week I am deciding to do a little more research on Ravana because he the main character of my storybook. I decided to read the comic book called The Lord of Lanka by Amar Chitra Katha. I really enjoyed this telling of Ravana’s life. I know a lot about his life already but this story provided some more information. It is crazy that Ravana actually found Sita in a lotus and cast her away because she was going to be a cause of the end of his life. Somehow she was recued and she still ended up being a part of his downfall. Another cool detail from this comic book is when Rambha curses Ravana. She made it so that if he ever marries a woman against her will his heads will explode. I might use some of these details in my storybook.
Here is an image of the comic book that I read:
Title: The Lord of Lanka
Year: 1974

Author: Amar Chitra Katha

No comments:

Post a Comment