Sunday, August 30, 2015

Famous Last Words Week 1

Writing has never been one of my major strengths. It is something I have always struggled with in school. Whenever I write for an assignment I have to put a lot of time into it. I am currently applying for medical school and I think my best writing for this week has been on my secondary applications. I talked to a friend who is also going through the application process and he gave me some good tips when approaching the essays that I will have to write. Some of the tips he gave me were to submit the application as soon as possible, use my experiences and fit it into the school’s philosophy of teaching medicine, and to elaborate on everything I say so my writing is truly unique. I kept all of these tips in mind while I was writing my essays this week. I think I did a good job of employing the tips. I felt like I never had trouble figuring out what to say because these tips gave me so many different ideas. Although there is a million other things I would rather be doing than writing these tedious essays I stay positive and focused. To get into the writer’s groove I set several goals for the day the night before. When I have my goals in mind I have a clear idea of the steps I have to take to accomplish them. Hopefully my hard work will pay off.



On a completely unrelated note I watched the Video Music Awards this weekend. I really enjoy music. My favorite performances were by The Weeknd and Justin Bieber. It was interesting to see Taylor Swift present the lifetime-achievement award to Kanye West towards the end of the show. His speech was awesome and I thought it was crazy how he announced that he is going to run for president in 2020.

1 comment:

  1. I think you could be a great writer! All it takes is some practice. Little by little you'll start getting the feel of comfortable writing and develop your own unique writing style. I'm glad that you put in your best effort in your secondary applications! I'm sure that you're going to get in! Talking about the VMA's, I never watched it, but I heard that The Weekend's performance was on point. Also, I heard about Kanye running for president in 2020. I think it would be funny if he ran for president, but I just don't want him to be elected.

    ReplyDelete