Sunday, August 30, 2015

Week 1 Curation


The modern world gives us access to endless amounts of information so curation is an idea that everyone should implement into to their lives. I use curation in my life in several ways and think I am doing a good job of using it so far. One of the main ways I uses curation is through bookmarks. Whenever I have a class that requires me to keep track of a lot of online resources I always create a bookmark folder for that class. In my Modern Medicine class last year I had to write several papers. Creating a bookmark folder for each separate paper helped me have easy access to the sources I was going to use in the paper when I needed them. I also use twitter as a curation tool. If I see something interesting or funny on Twitter, I will “favorite” it so then I can go back and read it again if I want to. I think that blogging is a good way to share and keep track of interesting topics we as a class find online. Maybe we could have a class post on one blog that everyone can comment to with interesting things they find online.

How I use curation for this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment