Sunday, August 30, 2015

Growth Mindset


This weekend I watched some videos to get acquainted with Carol Dweck’s Growth Mindset idea. Growth Mindset is rewarding the process of becoming successful rather than rewarding the result. I feel like we as a generation have been developed by rewarding the result. I agree with her ideas that rewarding the process of development will keep people wanting to improve. As I observed my college environment I realize that we are more concerned about getting good grades because that is what employers and graduate schools reward us for. I will try to focus on my goal of improving my process of learning this semester and see if this this a better approach to life. I am interested to learn more about Growth Mindset.

This picture shows Dweck's Growth Mindset idea. The cat is having a positive view on failure or work rather than being negative and giving up. This view will allow the cat to keep pushing forward.
http://growthmindsetmemes.blogspot.com/2015/07/english-cha-cha.html

2 comments:

  1. I think that the growth mindset is something that everyone has to work towards. In today's society where the winners are rewarded and the losers get punished I think that our work is cut out for us. I love the picture it has such a positive spin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the social circles that I hang out with talk about learning for the sake of learning. I think that naturally if we are applying ourselves to the material then the grades will come naturally.

    ReplyDelete