Monday, September 7, 2015

Famous Last Words Week 2

This is the end of week 2 in this class. So far I have enjoyed reading about the Ramayana. I got all of the assigned reading done for this week by following the daily schedule. My favorite part of the reading so far is the extensive detail that is put into every sentence. This feature of the Ramayana helps me to get a good picture of what is going on in the story. I am looking forward to finishing this weeks reading because I want to see how the book ends. This week was left on a cliffhanger because Sita was just kidnapped by Ravana.

My best writing for this week had to be my storytelling post. A lot of my classes this year are purely science-based so I am always writing about different scientific concepts. This class allows me to be more creative in my writing and use my imagination. I thought that I created a cool new twist to the fight between Viradha and Rama. I enjoyed putting the story in the context of the modern day music industry.

One of my classmates this week has written about the story of when Rama strung Shiva’s bow to win Sita’s hand in marriage. I thought my classmate put an interesting twist on the story by making Sita have a more independent role in the story (spoiler alert). Instead of her being just the prize of the competition she was a contestant. She entered in disguise and won her own freedom to choose the man she would marry.


So far my other classes at the University of Oklahoma are going well. It is still early in the semester so there have not been many exams. This week I will expect it to get a lot busier because exams are approaching. Here is the link and source to the story I was talking about earlier.

1 comment:

  1. I also enjoyed reading the Ramayana as well! I found it to be fascinating and hope I'm equally as enamored with the Mahabharata! That particular storytelling post really caught my attention as well. It gave it a better plot twist that's for sure. And looking back, it really was much easier in the beginning of the semester wasn't it? Now that we are entering week 6 it really is starting to get a lot busier!

    ReplyDelete