Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Reading Diary A: Public Domain Mahabharata

Riddles of The Lake:
I really liked this story. It was cool to see how riddles got incorporated into this story but it amazed me how easily Yudhishthira answered all of the riddles. I think this is the story I will be rewriting for the week. I remember when Arjuna received a boone from his wife Ulupi to become invisible in water. I think it would be interesting if Arjuna challenged the power of Dharma and he sent a bunch of animals that lived in the water to fight him.

Krishna’s Army:
In this story it is interesting to see Krishna evenly split his resources between Duryodhana and Arjuna. I did not think he would like to take a part in this war. It would be cool to see him actually fight in the war.

Armies at Kurukshetra:
In this story both armies are about to fight each other. Before the battle starts Yudhishthira acknowledges all of his old friends and teachers. One of the main themes in each of these epics is to have respect for family and friends. Even though they are on opposite sides they still wish the best for each other. It is weird to me that before the battle a group of fighters switches sides. I think it would be unwise to take on fighters from the other side because they could sabotage you army.


Here is a picture of the two armies as they are about to fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment