Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Reading Diary A: Public Domain Ramayana


I made the decision to read Ramayana Online: Public Domain Edition. This epic is extremely interesting including family drama, love, and war. My three favorite parts so far are Thataka, Rama Wins Sita, and Rama Goes Into Exile. Thataka is about the battle between Rama, Lakshmana, and Thataka (demon woman). It was to read about the special weapons Rama received after the fight. I like Rama Goes Into Exile because of the family drama that takes place. Dasharatha is forced to exile his son Rama due to promises he made to his wife Kaikeyi. The family drama in this episode reminds me of the movie Prince of Persia. Jaffar tricks the family of brothers in Prince of Persia to believing that one of the brothers has killed the father who is king. He does this so he can obtain power. In this part of Ramayana, Kaikeyi and Manthara deceive the king into exiling the brother so that Bharata can obtain power. Another part of this story I liked was Rama Wins Sita. This story reminds me a little of King Arthur. Similar to King Arthur, Rama has to complete a physical act to obtain something he wants. The setting of each of these parts ranged from the Kingdom to the Jungle. I chose this image of Manthara because she was a major catalyst in the drama that took place.

No comments:

Post a Comment